Our contact details
Name: Bear Burns
Address: 108 Regent Street, Exeter, Devon, EX2 9EJ
Phone Number: 07495 402 666
In brief, the type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
• Your name, mobile number and contact details
• Information about health conditions and medication in a health consultation with the sole purpose of determining safety and appropriateness of treatment. These details are not shared with anyone else.
• Anonymous tracking information to provide analytics and servicing marketing campaigns
As a small business we may use a number of providers to collect and process necessary information for your treatment, including Facebook, Jotform, Google, Gmail, Whatsapp and Get Timely, our booking system. Such services often have servers based outside of Europe and your data may be stored on servers outside of Europe.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
How we get the personal information and why we have it
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
As a safety requirement we collect health and medication information solely to determine the safety and appropriateness of treatment as well as deliver an appropriate treatment meeting your needs.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your information is securely stored. Where physical copies of information exists they are kept locked away.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Get Timely to power our booking system–you can read more about how Get Timely uses your Personal Information here: https://www.gettimely.com/support/privacy/.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We also communicate or keep information via Facebook, Whatsapp, Jotform and Gmail and these are governed by their respective privacy policies.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts and communication we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
108 Regent Street, Exeter, ENG, EX2 9EJ, United Kingdom
Lawful reasons for collecting data:
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Bears Massage, 108 Regent Street, Exeter, Devon, EX2 9EJ
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
– Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
– Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. – You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
– Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Legally we are required to keep massage consultations for a period of 5 years.
– Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
– Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
– Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
– You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Bear’s Massage, 108 Regent Street, Exeter, Devon, EX2 9EJ.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk